Friday, June 3, 2016

Swirly Bird FUN-Stampin' Up! style


 I ordered the Swirly Bird stamp set because I LOVE the swirls that are in the set.  There are a whole bunch of other shapes in the set, but I wasn't quite sure what they were for.  I ignored them, stared at them for a while... but I still couldn't quite see what they could be.  SO, I did a quick online search of the Swirly Bird set.  Sailboats!  Kites!  A bird nest!  Of course!!  Now this set that I LOVED is now a set that I LOVE EVEN MORE!!!


This sailboat says, "Summer!!"  I stamped all of the sailboat parts, and then snipped it out.  Don't you love those waves?!?


A few dimensionals pop that sailboat out.  A little sun stamped with a yellow swirly, and you're ready to send a fun summer card!  

For the small sail, I inked up the stamp with Island Indigo, then stamped off before stamping on my Whisper White.  The swirls on the card base are stamped with VersaMark ink.

stamps: Swirly Bird, Thoughtful Banners
paper: Island Indigo (5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and 1/2"  x 2"), Whisper White  (2 1/4" x 4 1/4")
ink: Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Versamark
accessories: Whisper White medium envelope, Triple Banner punch, white embossing powder, embossing buddy, heat tool, Big Shot, Swirly Scribbles Thinlits, fine tip glue pen, dimensionals, paper snips




These kite pieces took a little practice for me.  But I used a small piece of Whisper White card stock and snipped them out after I made a few good ones.  And then I could cover up the ones that weren't so good.  :)   Hint: Practice on scrap paper first!  The photopolymer set makes it pretty easy once you do a couple practice ones!  Maybe you'll be a pro the first time you try it.  If not, it's worth the effort to make these cute kites!

stamps: Swirly Bird, Watercolor Words
paper: Thick Whisper White
ink: Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate, Pumpkin Pie
accessories: Whisper White medium envelope




This cute little birdie just makes me smile!  I stamped it with its nest on a piece of Whisper White card stock, and then snipped it out.  The Dapper Denim swirl makes the perfect background for this little bird and its eggs!


When I was attaching the bird to the paper swirl, I used the silicone craft sheet.  I didn't have to worry about the adhesive on the back of the bird sticking to my table.  Then I added the dimensionals before attaching it to my card.

stamps: Swirly Bird, Work of Art
paper: Soft Suede (4 1/4" x 11"), Whisper White (4" x 5 1/4" and 2" x 4"), Dapper Denim, Neutrals Paper Stack (1 3/4" x 5 1/4")
ink: Soft Suede, Dapper Denim
accessories: Whisper White medium envelope, Big Shot, Swirly Scribbles Thinlits, Scalloped  Tag Topper punch, Dapper Denim Ruched Ribbon, dimensionals, paper snips



No comments: