Friday, April 24, 2009

Bloggers Challenge-Alter it! April 24, 2009

My first attempt at this week's Bloggers Challenge was this clothespin. I am not 100% happy with the way this turned out. I wanted to see if I could come up with something I like even better, so I tried again!

My second try at this week's Bloggers Challenge is this butterfly can. I am happier with this than then clothespin, but something still wasn't quite right.

Here is what I finally did for the Bloggers Challenge-Alter it! I am going to a bridal shower next weekend and I wanted to do something special for her gift. It's been sitting on my kitchen counter for a week, so I was glad we had this challenge so I actually got it done!

I used some of the things from the Pretties Kit on the top. I like the way the hat pin looks! I can rarely think of an idea to use these hat pins for, but I was happy with how it turned out here.

I added some of the flowers to the side. I used the Big Shot to cut out/emboss the flowers and then put a half pearl from the Pretties Kit in the middle. Hopefully I will have time to fill the bowls with something yummy! We're each going to give our favorite recipe. I want to make some of my favorite cookies and stick them in the bowls before next weekend.

Remember to check out the other projects for the Bloggers Challenge by cicking on the link on the right.

17 comments:

Lisa Bohler said...

What a wonderful gift for a shower! I'm sure that she'll appreciate it! The other projects are fun, too!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Great projects, but that bridal shower is stunning.

:) Marcia P

Nikki Bond said...

You've been busy! They are all great! {SMILES}

Barb Hardeman said...

Wow! Three projects!! All of them are great, but your bridal shower one is wonderful. What a great way to personalize her gift and make it so special.

Lisa Somerville said...

Great job on this weeks challenge. I'm sure the Bride-to-Be will LOVE her lovely decorated gift!

Unknown said...

No wonder you were up so late! I think they are all great!

Connie Babbert said...

Great idea for a shower gift! Love it!

Unknown said...

You get the busy stamper's award this week! Great projects! I know the bride will love her gift!

Jamie Fisher said...

WOW, Patrice! You were a busy woman last night! I love them all!

Unknown said...

What great projects!! I am sure the bride will love her gift!!

Kerry D-C said...

They all came out BEAUTIFUL! The bride to be will love this presentation!

Patti Chesky said...

Whoa! You WERE a busy girl. Great job on all three!!!!

Lori said...

These are all great! Your bridal shower gift idea will be a big hit!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Wonderful projects Patrice! They ALL turned out great! :D

Ida said...

Perseverance paid off. These are all nice projects but I think your shower gift is wonderful.

MJ said...

Way to keep going on something, I would have stopped after the clothespins. But I am glad you are persistent, all three projects are great.

Anonymous said...

Great projects! Love what you did with the shower gift!