Friday, April 10, 2009

Blogger's Challenge-Technique


The Blogger's Challenge for this week is to use any technique. I did the wood grain look. I don't do this technique a lot, but I think it looks so neat! Plus, it makes a flower card look a little more manly, so I can use my flower stamps for guy cards!

To do this technique, choose a few ink pads in "wood grain" colors (such as Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Creamy Caramel, and Really Rust). Use a sponge to drag the color over your neutral colored card stock. Repeat with different colors until you get the look you want.

To make the flower on this card, I embossed the flower, then used my sponge to add color around it. I used the same colors as the wood grain part, and I "bounced" my sponge all over.

Click on the Blogger's Challenge box on the side to see a list of other Blogger's Challenge members. Click on their name to see what techniques they tried this week!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Nicely done, Patrice. I really like the technique you used and the ribbon down the side is a cool touch.

Anonymous said...

Very nice Patrice. Your balance to the card with the ribbon treatment is wonderful.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Wonderful card Patrice! I agree...the wood grain technique really gives this a manly feel! :D

Jamie Fisher said...

I love the wood grain technique! I going to give it a try! Great card Patrice!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Love the look of this, going to give it a try!

:) Marcia P

Unknown said...

Love the "wood" look with the flower. Great colors!

Lisa Bohler said...

Very nicely done...it does go well for a manly card! I like the jumbo brad as the center for your flower, too!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the Faux Woodgrain - great for manly cards.

Connie Babbert said...

I always love faux woodgrain...yes, great for man cards!

Ida said...

Very nice card. Love the look of the wood grain technique you used.