Monday, April 13, 2009

Stamp Club, April 13, 2009

This make-n-take used the Eastern Blooms and Warm Words stamp sets. The ribbon is run through the frame, and then held in place by the brad. I also talked about how to stop the ribbon from fraying. Light a lighter and run the flame close to the edge of ribbon for a very short time. It will "melt" the end of the ribbon, and then it won't fray! It's a great trick I learned at the Stampin' Regionals in Minneapolis last weekend!



This make-n-take could be made this way (up and down), or on its side. To make the swirl, first run the Texturz plate through the big shot, then rub your sanding block over it. It makes the swirls pop out! If you use a template, you can get good placement of you flower in the oval. I just used some copy paper for my template!



This card was made using the shaving cream technique. Put some shaving cream on a plate or a plastic box. Put a few drops of reinker on top and swirl around. Then mush you card stock into the shaving cream. Wipe off the excess shaving cream, let the card stock dry, and attach to your card. I used Whisper White card stock, but Glossy White card stock is used often for this technique, also. I also used a little Crystal Effects in the center of the flower to give it a little shine!



I demonstrated the Split Negative Trees card. I used Craft Whisper White and Basic Black ink to stamp the trees. Then I cut the image in half and put "opposite" sides together.


No comments: